INTERNATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATION UNION (ITU)
CALL FOR APPLICATION FOR ONE (1) POSITION: DIGITAL COMMUNICATION OFFICER.
The ITU is the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technologies, with the mission to connect the world. To achieve this, ITU manages the radio-frequency spectrum and satellite orbits at the international level, works to improve communication infrastructure in the developing world, and establishes global standards that foster seamless interconnection of a vast range of communication systems. ITU also organizes global Telecom events bringing together the most influential representatives of government and the private sector to exchange ideas and knowledge for the benefit of all.
Post Number: PM04/P3/191
Type of Appointment: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal for 2 additional years
Duty Station: Geneva, Switzerland
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment (PA) (cost of living allowance). The PA is variable and subject to change without notice in accordance with the rates as set within the UN Common System for salaries and allowances.
Annual salary from $ 60,962 + post adjustment $ 50,172.
Other allowances and benefits subject to specific terms of appointment.
Under the supervision of the Senior Digital Strategy Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Provides recommendations on the development and updating of a digital strategy which is to take first-time visitors through to advocacy at relevant digital touch points in their customer journey.
- In line with the Division's strategy and informed by other team's listening, coordinates regular research, mapping, and segmentation of target audiences, ITU members, micro and macro influencers and thought leaders, making sure all content creators are intimately familiar with their personas, goals, challenges, objections, needs, expectations, and perception of ITU.
- Monitors and evaluates key performance indicators for the content delivery and engagement on the Division's channels and platforms and reference to ITU by influencers; tracks and evaluates channel, content, search engine and campaign performance over time; and reports consolidated intelligence to the editorial content team and channel owners.
- Advises content, business and channel owners on the positioning and value added of ITU content, products, and services in the perception of the respective target audience and how to optimize campaign and creative content at the digital touch points on each channel and platform, including web landing pages, to boost progress on key performance indicators.
- Manages communication and information technology and techniques to optimize, for example, but not limited to, social listening; media monitoring; editorial planning; project management; social media advertisement; email and content promotion; surveys and tests; public and influencer relations; content and channel performance; search engine optimization; and user experience.
- Analyses and designs email and content promotion campaigns; paid media; surveys and tests; and ensures optimization of content and channel performance as well as user experience.
- Keeps abreast of digital good practices and standards including but not limited to analytics, reporting and return on investment in social media advertising and other type of paid media.
- Benchmarks other organizations and recommends promotion strategies and tactics based on learned trends and insights.
- Supports social media advertising and posting and engagement on digital touch points including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Advanced university degree in communications, business, management, digital marketing or a related field OR education from a reputed college of advanced education with a diploma of equivalent standard to that of an advanced university degree in one of the fields above. For internal candidates, a first university degree in one of the fields above in combination with seven years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree for promotion or rotation purposes. Google Analytics certifications would be an asset.
- Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible experience in digital communications, digital marketing, website delivery projects working with content management systems (CMS), building successful landing pages, campaign tracking, social media platform planning and posting or related field, including at least two years at the international level. A Doctorate in a related field can be considered as a substitute for two years of working experience. Experience contributing to a digital communication strategy in an international organization. Experience with responsive design website development and website migration. Proven experience in building engaging websites and landing pages that drive traffic to digital channels.
- Languages: Knowledge of one of the six official languages of the Union (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish) at advanced level and knowledge of a second official language at intermediate level. Knowledge of a third official language would be an advantage. (Under the provisions of Resolution No. 626 of the Council, a relaxation of the language requirements may be authorized in the case of candidates from developing countries: when candidates from such countries possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the Union, their applications may be taken into consideration.)
Final date for receiving applications:
The ITU invites qualified candidates, especially women, to apply for the above position not later than May 24th 2021, on the ITU web site: http://www.itu.int/employment/Recruitment/index.html