THE COMMON MARKET FOR EASTERN AND SOUTHERN AFRICA (COMESA)
VACANCIES AT THE COMESA FEDERATION OF NATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS OF WOMEN IN BUSINESS (COMFWB)
The Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) is a Regional Economic Community comprising 21 African states which have agreed to promote regional integration through trade development and transport facilitation as well as the development of their natural and human resources for the mutual benefit of all their people. One of the semi-autonomous institutions established by COMESA to support its integration agenda is The COMESA Federation of Women in Business (COMFWB) based in Lilongwe, Malawi. More details can be found on the COMFWB website www.comfwb.org and the COMESA website www.comesa.int.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced professionals from COMESA member states, including Seychelles, for the position of Executive Director. The purpose of the job is to lead COMFWB’s corporate development, strategic planning, and manage the implementation of the Articles in the Charter and resolutions of COMFWB.
- Job Title
- Department: Administration
- Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
- Reporting to: COMFWEB Board
- The Purpose of the Job
- To lead COMFWB’s corporate development, strategic planning, and managing the implementation of the Articles in the Charter and resolutions of COMFWB.
- To provide guidance on policy, programmes, procedures, and related matters for COMFWB.
- Functions/Main duties and Accountabilities
- Oversee overall programme development, resource mobilization initiatives, and monitoring.
- Lead advocacy and public awareness of interventions in policies to promote the participation of women in economic programs.
- Ensure timely dissemination of information and implementation of resolutions of COMFWB Board and Technical Committees.
- Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Social Science or Business Administration or Finance, including first degree from reputable universities. Applicants with a PhD in any of the above disciplines will have an added advantage.
- Professional Experience
- A minimum of 15 years of proven relevant experience in top managerial positions in reputable organizations.
- Desirable Competencies
Applicants shall be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must display and prove creativity in institutional strategic visioning; an appreciation of the vision, mission and objectives of COMFWB, and the role of COMFWB in promoting good entrepreneurial and business linkages will be a definite advantage;
- Must possess demonstrated qualities of success in leadership and management and must be able to manage and embrace change, proactively manages risks and lead operational improvements;
- Must have proven abilities to mobilise and manage resources to achieve stated goals;
- Must possess entrepreneurial acumen;
- Must possess demonstrated experience in advocacy;
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with persons from diverse disciplines, perspectives and cultures;
- Must be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity, and must be of mature and sober judgement;
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Must be a team player who can inspire, direct and motivate staff;
- Must have proficiency in any of the COMESA languages of English and/or French and/or Arabic;
- Must have good computer skills; and,
- Candidates will be required to provide security clearance before appointment.
- Working Language Requirement
Applicants must be fluent in English and/or French and/or Arabic (speaking and writing). A combination of any two (2) or all these languages will be an added advantage.
- Terms of Appointment
The successful candidate will be appointed for an initial contract for a period of four (4) years, renewable only once for a maximum of four years, subject to satisfactory performance.
- Eligibility for Application
Applicants must be citizens of a COMESA Member country. (Seychelles is a member of COMESA)
- Mode of Applications
All applications must be submitted to the Foreign Affairs Department – Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Tourism. Interested candidates should contact or send their documents (i.e. curriculum vitae, diplomas and certificates) to Mr. Andry Accouche, Second Secretary, Regional Affairs at the Department of Foreign Affairs on the following Email: email@example.com or Tel: 4283585 for more information.
The Department would appreciate receipt of all documents by Friday 6th October 2023 for review before short-listed candidates are communicated to the COMESA Secretariat.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.